Mission statement of POLITUR
“We, POLITUR men and women, provide an effective and high-quality contribution to the security of the tourism industry of Curaçao. Our ultimate goal is a safe destination, an island of undisturbed fun, leisure and roaming freedom that is in harmony with the community and our cultural heritage”
Tasks of POLITUR:
To provide for emergency response and relief for tourists;
- To provide initial response and interventions, including intake and reporting;
- To provide first intervention to victims;
- To provide for after care and guidance;
Enforce public order and security at touristic locations;
- Provide surveillance and supervision based on intelligence;
- Act on threats where safety and security of tourists are or may be compromised;
- To provide (security) information;
- Participate in projects and events organized by the sector;
- To advise the CPF Unit Special Licenses when granting permits;
- To give feedback to the CPF Neighborhood Detective and the CPF Info Desk.
Prevention of disturbance to public order and acts punishable by law;
- To provide advise and guidance on crime prevention to the efforts for development of the tourism products;
- To perform risk analyses (jointly with the CPF Prevention Department) and develop measures and programs based on the results of the analyses.
- To setup and assure implementation of crime prevention projects and coordinate the measures to be taken by the parties involved.